Welcome!

Announcements, maintenance etc.. Boring.
phresnel

Re: Welcome!

Postby phresnel » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:17 pm

I would have proposed rt-dev.org, but it's taken already ...

I would definitely go for an org-tld. Org is somehow right.

davepermen

Postby davepermen » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:25 am

beason wrote:Thanks for creating this forum, Jakko. It's great how the community is reforming (like molten T1000 after freezing in liquid nitrogen and shattering).

I too would like to see an easier to remember name for accessing the board. Maybe we can take a poll?

I like:

renderdev.org
raytracingforum.com
ompf2.org

as they are all easier to remember than current one :D
ompf.conesoft.net is better too, thanks daverperman. I will gladly chip in for new domain. Can you pay several years in advance?

no problems. depending on registrar, you can pay for 10 years or something if you want (and, i guess, more, too).

soo.. is there voting on this forum? i want to vote for raytracingforum.com (or .org, whatevr..).

why? because it's a proper understandable domain name, not some shortcut or random letters or anything. would allow it to be a bit more official. maybe a bit more professionally looking, too (esp. with an url shortener, which would allow something like "raytracingforum.com/Logistics/ompf2/Welcome!" to be the url of this thread.

maybe if we're bored, we'll find some shortener-domain ala rtf.ly or similar for the typing-focused users.

ingenious

Postby ingenious » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:57 am

Let's move things forward and make it democratic. The first step would be collecting suggestions for a domain name. In the second one, we'll vote for the domains, and in the end the highest ranked available domain can be bought. I'll create a new topic for the suggestions and will add the ones by davepermen and a couple by me.
Image Click here. You'll thank me later.

Return to “ompf2”